Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hi I Rap!

            Yes, it is true, I do rap. I've never explained how I came up with the title for this website either. Nothing spectacular or comical but I'll try my best not to bore you. I was writing a few lyrics while I was working, (multi-tasking at it's best) and I began to explain to a few of my co-workers that I can rap/spit or whatever you wanna call it. I used to be so posh about what you should title us. I used to shout, "I'm not a rapper, I'm an ARTIST!" Like there was a difference....because there isn't, contrary to popular belief. If I have to explain to you what I do instead of just show you, then I'm no different from the other carnivorous, self glorifying, back stabbing, wanna be thugs that lurk local streets seeking other people's approval, while at the same time quoting that they don't care what you think. #DaFuq you mean? I digress. While the majority of the response was, "can you REALLY rap?" my supervisor strolls by in his usual chipper manner and barges into the conversation and shouts, "You can't be a rapper......you smile too much!" Maybe he's right!


Rappers generally tend not to smile. I don't know if it deters their never ending quest for the almighty 'Swag' or that maybe no one can take you serious if you smile all the time. From my experience I have attracted alot of fans simply smiling and saying hi and not saying, "Yo, listen to my music!" Then slowly try my best to contort my face muscles into a deranged 50 Cent smile.......

This would clearly scare the PISS out of you! Small kids would think of you as the Lyrical PedoBear, in their parents' eyes you're basically setting up this contraption...


                                                   


Call them fans or victims, your choice, I say smile. And not a strained expression over your face, but a genuine smile that makes them want to listen to you and that makes you seem like a nice guy, although when they blast your cd you'll seem like Rambo's, adulterous, drug slinging, homophobic, twin brother.....silky smooth hair and all! By then they already have the music and chicks dig scars while guys fantasize about being what you proclaim and wanting what you insist you need to survive in those cold hard streets of suburbia where your mom pays the bills and you sleep in until 12:00.

But I don't fit in the same class is these fellows. To be frank about it that's a good thing!